By Julius Ituma (Ebonyi Correspondent)
Ebonyi state governor, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, has approved the disbursement of funds to assist the establishment of new businesses for startups and expansion of existing ones for intending entrepreneurs and the entire business community in the State.
According to a statement by the EBONYI state Commissioner for Business Development, Dr Steven Odo, this gesture was in line with the governor's resolve to grow the Ebonyi state economy, stimulate the growth of economic and business activities in the state for job creation and preparing the state on the part of global economic dominance.
To this effect, the Ebonyi State Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises Fund will be disbursed and channeled towards the following areas:
- Funds for the industrial clusters situated in the Ebonyi North, Ebonyi South and Ebonyi Central senatorial zones to be disbursed through the Ministry of Human Capital Development and Monitoring
- Funds for Hatchery development to be disbursed through the office of the State Coordinator, IFAD
- Funds for importation of goods to be disbursed through the Ministry of Market Development & Management.
- Funds for Alternative livestock business to be disbursed through the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Funds to encourage processing-based businesses to be disbursed through the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Funds to stimulate production and manufacturing based businesses to be disbursed through the office of the SA to the Governor on SMEs.
- Funds to stimulate micro businesses to be disbursed through the Ministry of Business Development
Interested individuals, intending entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate bodies, industrialists, processors, developers, and the entire business community in Ebonyi State are by this announcement requested to visit any of the aforementioned MDAs relevant to the highlighted sectors of interest for further details and application.
Application forms are strictly free of charge. All concerned are to treat this information with utmost priority and compliance. NNL.